If you’re looking for the best baby swing for big babies, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, I am going to review a total of 7 baby swings that will comfortably accommodate your big and tall baby.
If you’re in a rush, here is a table listing down the 7 best swings for large babies.
Typically, most baby swings have a weight limit of 30 lbs. A large majority weigh 25 lbs downwards.
Most swings with a weight limit of 30lbs are suitable for children aged less than 24months. This makes them suitable baby swings for older babies.
If you’re looking for a baby swing for a bigger baby, I recommend those that have a maximum weight capacity between 25lbs-30lbs.
With such a swing, your little one can enjoy the fun and soothing effect of a swing from when they are ready to use a swing to when they grow too old for it.
Basically, you want a baby swing that will grow with your baby.
But before I go ahead and discuss the 9 swings, I would like you to learn some of the most important things to consider before purchasing a baby swing for your big baby.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Baby Swing for Big Babies
1.Maximum Weight Limit
Like I’ve stated earlier, choose a baby swing that has at least a maximum weight limit of 25lbs to 30lbs is advisable.
These baby swings are strong and sturdy enough to accommodate babies of all sizes.
The swings tend to be sturdier for greater stability and support and their dimensions are a little bit bigger compared to those with a lower weight capacity.
2. Seat Size
Although a baby swing with a higher weight limit is obviously a suitable choice for bigger babies, it’s also important to check the seat size.
A bigger baby is a little bit taller and wider and therefore requires a seat that is both long and wide.
If the seat is small in size, then your baby’s leg will hang uncomfortably. Plus your baby not fitting properly in the swing increases the risk of falls.
Of course, once your little one outgrows the swing too soon, this will mean getting a new one soon. You certainly don’t want to spend more money purchasing another baby swing.
The best thing to do is select one that is large enough to accommodate your growing child.
3. Sturdy and Durable Construction
I cannot stress this enough.
When looking for a baby swing for a bigger baby, you need to find one that features a sturdy and durable construction.
Given that the swing will be in constant motion with your baby’s weight weighing it down, if the swing is not built with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship, your child is at a greater risk of falls and injuries.
The best baby swings for big babies must have a sturdy construction as this ensures greater stability as your child sways from back to front.
The swing must also be durable enough so your little one can use it until they outgrow it.
In this case, be sure to select a baby swing that has a sturdy frame-preferably one that is made out of strong metal.
That said, now it’s time to review 9 of the best baby swings for larger babies.
Best Baby Swing for Big Babies (Our Top 7 Picks and Unbiased Buyer’s Guide)
1.Graco Simple Sway Swing-Best Baby Swing for Big Babies
The Graco Simple Sway Swing is one of the best baby swings for big babies, thanks to its 30 pounds maximum weight limit.
This sturdy baby swing is strong and sturdy enough to accommodate babies weighing from 5.5 lbs all the way to 30 lbs.
This makes it an excellent choice baby swing for growing with your baby.
The frame is constructed with metal- this ensures great stability and strength so it can comfortably support bigger babies without any issues.
When fully assembled, this baby swing measures 30 x 31 x 38 inches and weighs 19 obs. It’s large enough to accommodate your big baby yet compact enough to fit small spaces.
The Graco Simple Sway Swing also boasts of a deep, plush seat and head support that helps keep your baby cozy and comfortable.
For comfort and fun, this swing has a gentle, side-to-side swaying motion that soothes and comforts your little one.
Here are more incredible features worth mentioning about the Graco Simple Sway Swing;
- Boasts of 6 Swinging Speeds- This baby swing from Graco features 6 swinging speeds. This simply means that you can easily adjust the pace of the swing as desired. For example, you can reduce the swinging speed when soothing in order to allow him/her sleep
- Small Frame Design- makes it one of the best baby swings for small spaces
- 2-Speed Vibration provides great relaxation for your little one
- The swing is battery-powered which makes it portable
- The Plug-In option lets you save a significant amount of money on batteries
- Also features a 5-point harness which helps keep your baby secure as they sway back and front
- Also includes an Engaging Mobile with 3 soft toys which provide your little one with excellent visual stimulation
- Also includes 10 classic melodies and 5 nature sounds that help to soothe and calm your little one
- The seat doesn’t recline and this makes it less suitable for the baby to sleep on. This isn’t really a big problem but it would be nice if the seat reclines
- I’ve seen a few complaints about the swing producing squeaking sounds, this can be annoying
Overall, the Graco Simple Sway Baby Swing is an excellent choice if you’re looking for the best swing for a big baby. It’s affordable and boasts of a sturdy, durable construction.
2. Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker- Best Swing for Babies Over 25 Pounds
If you’re looking for the perfect baby swing and rocker combo, the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker is just what you need.
This beautiful swing comes with a seat that doubles as a rocker for additional fun for your little one.
The rocker features a carry-handle that makes it portable and thus gives you the flexibility to move around the house while keeping your little one close.
All you have to do is simply detach the swing seat to use the rocker seat.
The Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker is basically a multi-directional swing that allows your baby to sway either back and forth in three seating positions or side-to-side for complete enjoyment.
It’s also one of the best swings for large babies as its sturdy to accommodate babies weighing from 5.5lbs to 30lbs.
The swing’s seat is quite large and spacious which makes it ideal for big babies. It also includes plush body support that helps keep your little one comfortable and well-relaxed. It also reclines for relaxation.
To enhance its swinging capability, this baby swing can either be plugged into a power source or use batteries. Plugging in the swing allows you to save a lot of money for the batteries while using batteries increases its portability and convenience.
Other notable features worth mentioning include;
- 6 Swing Speeds to choose from
- 2 Vibration Settings
- Up to 10 melodies and 5 nature sounds that will delight your little one
- Measures 30.8 x 24.5 x 36 inches and weighs 17.9 pounds
- The pricing is quite affordable
Overall, the Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker is an affordable option for parents looking for a big swing for their big babies. It has got all the important features, is comfortable, has great support, and is durable.
- This swing is not compact and therefore takes up a lot of space. Its therefore not a very suitable option if you have a small house or apartment
- Few complaints about it producing loud annoying noises
3. Fisher-Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle ‘n Swing-Best Cradle Swing for Big Babies
Our third top baby swing for big babies is the Fisher-Price Sweet Snugapupppy Dreams Cradle n Swing.
The Fisher-Price cradle and swing is one of the best cradle swings for big babies.
This baby swing offers your little one a great sense of soothing comfort with its dual-motion swing that lets your baby swing side-to-side or head to toe.
Built for comfort and support, this baby swing comes with an ultra-plushpuppy seat pad that is extra plush and cozy.
It also includes an overhead mobile with 3 fun toys as well as 16 soothing songs and nature sounds. All these do a great job stimulating your baby’s senses.
The plug-in option lets you save on batteries as they can be really expensive.
To ensure that your little one doesn’t fall off the swing, the Fisher-Price swing also comes with a 5-point harness. The harness basically gives you great peace of mind.
Other features worth mentioning include;
- A machine-washable plush seat pad
- Also includes Deluxe Sweet Snuggapuppy Dreams body insert and head support
- Strong and Sturdy construction
- Few complaints about it being too noisy
- Few complaints about weak motor
Overall, the Fisher-Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle n Swing is an excellent choice for your big baby thanks to its high maximum weight limit. It’s also budget-friendly.
4.4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing-BestBig Baby Swing
The 4moms mamaROO 4 baby swing is yet another best-selling baby swing for big babies.
This super strong and durable baby swing has a maximum weight recommendation of up to 25lbs, making it an excellent choice for both big and tall babies.
This swing features 5 unique motions that bounce and sway just the same way you do with your hands. The only difference is that the swing is a little bit more comfortable and with up to 5 speeds available, so you easily adjust the swinging pace for comfort and safety.
The 4moms mamaROO baby swing is also Bluetooth-enabled. This allows you to easily and conveniently control the motion and sound of the swing straight from the 4moms app.
The baby swing also features 4 in-built sounds and an MP3 plug-in so you can entertain and sooth your baby.
Other important features I can’t forget to mention about this baby swing include;
- Reclining Feature- This swing also features multiple seat recline positions so you can conveniently adjust the swing in any position. This ensures maximum comfort for your little one
- Features Interactive and Reversible Toy Balls- The swing also features some integrated interactive and reversible toy balls that help keep your little one entertained as they sway from one side to the other
- It’s a Plug-In Baby Swing and includes a plug-in adapter. You don’t need any batteries
- Compact design- great for small spaces
- Also comes with a removable, machine-washable
- Compared to most popular baby swings in the market, this particular model is quite expensive. Its price is actually double the price of most popular models. If you’re on a tight budget, you’re better off with either of the top 3 models I’ve reviewed
5. Graco Glider LX Baby Swing-Swings for Babies Over 30 lbs
Another incredible large baby swing is the Graco Glider LX Baby Swing.
In addition to being one of the best-selling baby swings on Amazon, the Graco LX Swing also comes at an affordable price.
If you’re on a tight budget, I totally recommend this baby swing.
Now, on to the features;
The Graco Glider LX Baby Swing is strong and sturdy enough to accommodate babies weighing up to 30 pounds. This makes it an ideal choice for big and tall babies.
When fully assembled, this swing measures 28 x 24.5 x 36 inches and weighs 17.9 pounds.
Its metal frame construction gives it the strength and stability it needs to support the weight of your baby. As your child grows and increases weight, this swing will not give in or break. It’s certainly an excellent choice for your growing baby.
Other features worth mentioning include;
- Boasts of a Compact Frame that uses up less space- up to 40 percent less space compared to most swings in the market. This makes it an ideal baby swing for small apartment or house
- Also includes a Plush, Roomy Seat with a removable Infant Head Support for added comfort and support
- Adjustable reclining seat increases baby’s comfort
- With this swing, you have the option to use batteries for portability and convenience or simply plug it into a power source so you can save more money on batteries
- The swing soothes with the same gentle motion that you use when cuddling your little one in your arms or when comforting him/her in the glider
- Also includes vibration with 2-speed settings to help your baby stay well-relaxed and entertained
- Also includes 6 gliding speeds that let you easily set the perfect space to suit your little one’s needs
- To keep your child entertained, the Graco Glider Swing also features 10 classic melodies and 5 nature sounds
- Also features a toy bar with two soft toys. The bar is adjustable to for easy access to the baby
- To prevent your little one from falling while swinging, this unit also comes with a built-in 5-point harness that safely straps your child in
- Sturdy and Durable Construction- The frame is constructed with durable metal for stability and durability and also includes plastic parts
- It comes at a budget-friendly price
- Few complaints about it being noisy
- Few complaints about a weak motor
6. Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing-Baby Swing Up to 25 lbs
Our 6th best swing for a big baby is the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle “n” Swing.
This swing is currently one of the best-selling baby swings on Amazon and its all for the right reasons.
Since its maximum weight capacity is 25 pounds, this swing is ideal for big babies. Age-wise, the swing is recommended for children aged up to 6 months.
The Snugabunny Cradle and Swing features two swinging motions that help soothe your little one. It can rock the baby either side-to-side just like a cradle or swing head-to-toe just like a traditional baby swing. So much fun for your little one!
The swing also features two –position recline with up to 3 adjustable seat positions. These positions include center, right-facing, and left-facing. This means you can position your little one in any direction.
And thanks to the SmartSwing Technology, this unit can actually sense your baby’s weight so the speeds won’t slow as your little one grows bigger.
Additionally, this unit lets you easily convert to different swing positions at the click of a button.
Other features worth mentioning include;
- A motorized mobile with mirrored globe with some soft birdies flying overhead and soothing nature music
- Also includes a tethered bunny toy that acts as your little one’s first friend
- Includes a machine-washable seat pad with a head and body support
- It also includes an AC adapter so you wont need to use batteries. For portability and convenience, you can also use batteries- preferably 4D Alkaline batteries
- The leg folds for easy and hassle-free storage and for portability
- It’s incredibly easy to assemble
- It’s a budget-friendly baby swing
- Noisy according to a good number of parents
- Doesn’t offer enough neck support for a newborn
7. Graco DuoGlider-Best Baby Swing Up to 30 Pounds
And last but not least, we have the Graco DuoGlider, yet another top-selling baby swing on Amazon.
The Graco DuoGlider features a swing seat that doubles as a rocker. This gives you great flexibility to provide your little one with an enjoyable yet safe play area.
The maximum weight recommendation for this baby swing is 30 lbs. This ultimately makes it one of the best baby swings for bigger babies.
Its metal construction gives it exceptional sturdiness and stability for maximum stability. The sturdy frame can comfortably handle the weight of your child.
The swing seat is designed to recline to a rocker with the easy one-hand lever. With the lever, you can easily recline the seat into a rocker without necessarily having to move your baby.
This swing rocker combo basically soothes with the same exact gentle motion you use when cuddling your little one in your hands or on the glider.
Other features worth mentioning about the Graco DuoGlider include;
- Includes an AC adapter so you can plug it in- helps you save a great deal of money on batteries. Alternatively, you can use batteries for portability and convenience
- Includes a cozy seat combined with plus body support for extra comfort and support for your baby
- The three-position recline offers optimal comfort for your baby
- Also features vibration with two gentle speed settings to provide great relaxation for your baby
- Also features a timer mode that extends the life of the batteries by keeping the glider on only as long as you want
- It’s a little bit too expensive. There are cheaper models in the market, including a few we’ve reviewed. If you’re on a tight budget and want something effective yet affordable, you’re better off with the Graco Simple Sway Swing.
- Its somehow loud when swinging
Best Big Baby Swing Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
1.What Baby Swing Has the Highest Weight Limit?
Currently, a big majority of the baby swings in the market have a maximum weight capacity of up to 30lbs.
Like you’ve seen in this review, most of the swings I’ve discussed have a weight capacity of 30 lbs. Others have a maximum weight recommendation of up to 25 lbs.
If you’re looking for the best swing for big baby, I totally recommend going for swings with a maximum weight capacity of up to 30 lbs.
2.What is the Weight Limit for Baby Swings?
The average weight limit for a baby swing is 30 pounds. Currently, I haven’t seen any swing with a weight limit of more than 30 lbs.
The good news is that a lot of manufacturers are now making swings that have a high weight limit of up to 30 lbs. This is enough for your growing baby.
3.Are there Baby Swings for Older Babies?
Yes, there are countless baby swings for older babies. A good example is the Graco Simple Sway Swing which has a maximum weight limit of up to 30 pounds.
Its one of the best baby swings for older babies.
4. What is the Weight Limit on the Fisher Price Baby Swing?
The weight limit of the Fisher Price Baby Swing is 25 pounds. Two of the most popular Fisher-Price baby swings like the Fisher-Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle ‘n Swing and the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing has a weight limit of 25 pounds.
5.At What Age are Babies Too Big for a Swing?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 50% of boys will reach 25 pounds by the time they hit 16 months. Girls on the other hand will reach that weight by the time they are 20 months.
Given that most baby swings for older babies have a weight limit between 25 lbs and 30 lbs, once they surpass this weight limit, then its time to stop using it.
If the baby is too big for the swing, it can lead to an increased risk of falls and injuries. By then, the swing won’t be strong enough to handle the weight of your child.
Best Baby Swing for Big Babies- Bottom Line
There you have it. Your search for the best baby swing for big babies ends here.
There are some of the biggest baby swings that are suitable for both big and tall babies.
A big majority of these swings come at a friendly cost so you don’t need to rob a bank to get one.
These are baby swings that will essentially grow with your baby.
Go ahead and take your pick from our 7 best baby swings for big babies.